A company had a UiPath project built by a freelancer which was constantly crashing and the process was constantly stopped. It was an internal workflow which was delivering paperwork to the production. Program was sending paperwork to the production based on the email address (its subject). A different part of the program was launched based on a specific subject of the email. For example, if the subject consisted of 9 letters program A was launched, but if subject consisted of 11 letters program B was launched.
There were many issues caused by lack of the experience of the freelancer that initially built the workflow.
- The program was built in a way where data was constantly adding up and once it reached a certain amount it crashed as the system was not able to accumulate more data.
- The logic was not well thought through.
- Because the freelancer did not understand all the clients requirements and needs lots of features were missed.
- The errors that prevented running the program without resetting everything were resolved within a few hours and there was no longer need to stop the production which resulted in saving a lot of money.
- We spent effort understanding the client’s needs and added bar codes to the PDF documents that were sent to the production. This way employees could just scan every document providing information to the system that package has been sent.